MK Hammer Yacht Sales will help you select the yacht that is right for you. With over 30 years experience on the water, certified marine technician, expert at power boat rigging and renowned marine engine builder. We know what to look for and will represent you as a buyer from start to finish.
As a licensed California Yacht Broker and a member of the California Yacht Brokers Association, professionalism and good business ethics is the only way we operate.
You may be a current yacht owner who wants to move up or scale down in size. Or if you are looking to buy your first yacht there are a lot things to consider to help you make the right selection when buying your new yacht.
A knowledgeable yacht broker who will work for you is a valuable asset.
Buying a yacht can be a big investment and it can be similar to buying a second home on the water.
The type of yacht and what you desire in a yacht are important to us. We listen to you. We will make suggestions and create a personalized yacht search portfolio just for you.
If financing is desired we can get you pre-qualified by one of the finance companies we work with. Pre-qualification is a strong bargaining tool that tells the seller you are ready to buy now.
MK Hammer Yacht Sales will locate the yacht that fits your search portfolio. We will then contact the selling broker and set up a meeting to tour that yacht at a time that fits your schedule.
MK Hammer Yacht Sales will meet you at the location of the yacht to walk through with you, take notes, pictures or video recordings. If you feel it may be the right yacht for you we will then ask the seller for service and maintenance records and any other pertinent information needed to make an offer.
When you find the yacht you want MK Hammer Yacht Sales will negotiate your deal on your behalf by placing a written offer to purchase.
We represent you by negotiating the final purchase price to be paid and stipulating any contingencies you may have to the seller.
When the selling party accepts the offer a sea trial for you, the buyer, will be arranged and a survey of the condition of the yacht will be ordered. MK Hammer Yacht Sales will make sure you, the buyer, has full knowledge of all the functions, operations and amenities disclosed by the seller.
MK Hammer Yacht Sales will close the deal for you.
- Provide you with closing instructions and closing statement.
- Perform title search to insure you will get a clean title.
- Disburse funds properly to pay seller, sellers lien holders
- Transfer title, taxes that are due, USCG documentation, insurance, broker fees.
- Any other fees or credits associated with the purchase.
We will give you a list of contacts and will be available for support after you take possession of your yacht:
- Harbor Master
- Slip transfer
- Maintenance companies such as routine bottom cleaning, head pump out
List of items to consider when buying a yacht:
- Size of yacht you desire
- Price range of yacht you want (you may need to consider all other associated cost that go along with owning the yacht you want)
- Your primary use: entertaining, cruising, fishing, live aboard, working vessel, sailing
- Maintenance cost: annual and monthly
- Detailing or professional cleaning
- Taxes involved
- Marina mooring or berth fees
- Fuel consumption cost
- Occasional repairs
- Tax deductions can be a huge benefit (consult your tax professional you may find you will be able to write off most of your expenses)
- Do you need a boating course?
MK Hammer Yacht Sales are here to help guide you through the process of buying a yacht.
We want your yacht owning experience to be a pleasant and enjoyable one. A yacht gives you the freedom to get away from it all. Live life to the fullest.
Contact Michael with MK Hammer Yacht Sales at (949) 340-2520 to represent you.